2013 Collaborative Session Notes
Developing Alumni Databases and Multi-channel communication
Scribe: Caitlin Rayner, New Beginnings Lake Charles [email protected]
Megan O’Connor, Valley Hope
Gina Thorne, Lakeview Health
Jacob Goldberg, St. Christopher’s Addiction Wellness
Ross Martin, Focus Healthcare of TN
Austin Berry, The Last Resort
Tania Bhattacharyya, New Directions for Women
Murry Sandlin, Ranch at Dove Tree
Chris Gates, MAP Health Management
Tom Hofstedt, Alta Mira
Melissa Garrison, Rosecrance
Vickie Bing, Benchmark Recovery
Sue Hendrickson, Caron Treatment Center
Kym Vasey, Gateway Foundation
Which database is best for keeping data content?
– Regardless of which software used, every list must be centralized as an organization
– Make sure the software is HIPAA compliant
Ning – an online private message board for support (www.ning.com)
Biggest feedback on pages generally stem on personal posts
– How many are managing alumni community Facebook pages?
– How do we keep alumni engaged in Facebook pages?
– How do you monitor efficiently
– How do you monitor what can and cannot be posted?
– Images? How can you be thorough with consent as to what photos can be uploaded?
– Inexpensive and Efficient Way to Communicate!
– Voice Broadcasting